We have been going slimming world now for about 31 weeks and what started out as a way to lose weight changed into a complete life change and brain reprogram. So far to date I and my partner have lost bang on the nose 3 stone in weight each. When i became a taxi driver I ballooned from 12 stone right up to 16 stone 10 (do the math). My partner is an education as she comes up with a lot of meal ideas, and because of the plan we never go hungry. And that’s exactly what slimming world is, it is not a diet but a healthy eating plan a re-education of how you view food, so here we go with the latest invention.
SWEET POTATOES WITH BACON, ONION AND PEPPERS.
- Bake the sweet potatoes in a fan oven mark 200 until they are soft inside (make sure to prick with a fork first)
- Cook lean or medallions of bacon in a non stick pan with a few sprays of fry light cooking oil
- Chop one onion and 2 peppers (any colour) and toss into the bacon and cook together
- Once the potatoes are soft half and scoop out the inside and place into a separate bowl
- Once the bacon mix is cooked to taste, chop and place in the bowl with the mush from the potatoes.
- Mix well and combine together and place back into the skins of the sweet potatoes
- Add a sprinkling of grated cheese on top ( if you are on the slimming world plan either syn the cheese (weighed) or count it as your HEA
- Serve with a massive side salad
Those of you on the Slimming world plan will know all about the syns that you could add to this recipe, having said that we had the cheese as our HEA, so it is completely syn free. Those of you not on this plan SYN FREE and FREE FOODS basically means (believe it or not) you can eat as much of this as you want.