This is the first post of 2016 and the first post of my revamped and final look blog, now I have decided where I want it to go and defined the brand of what BRAIN FOOD is about. I have been busy over the last few weeks what with Christmas and the new year with work and family, and i have started a few good habits and this is one of them.
I do feel that guys should look after themselves, just because we are guys it doesn’t mean we can not have a good pamper now and again. Everyday stresses and the environment its good to take time out and allow ourselves to look and feel good. This is something I do every morning and night and have done for the last few weeks, and I have to say my face feels a lot better. Every morning I get up at 5:00 am and the first thing I do is go for a run, anything between 3 and 6 miles. Then when I come back and I start my morning routine with a shower and routine face wash separate to the shower.
1. Nivea for men 48 hr antiperspirant
2.David Beckham body spray
3.Nivea for men crème
4.Lynx hair gel
5. Superdrugs Vitamin E facial Scrub
6. Gillette shave gel for sensitive skin
1. This does actually work for 48hrs, although I wouldn’t do this as a rule a shower everyday can only be a good thing’
2. I simply love the smell of this, it’s a clean crisp smell and leaves the fragrance lasting almost all day
3. This is a fairly new product from Nivea and for me it is he best moisturizer I have ever used, it does face, body and hand. the fact that it does the hands as well as the face for me is a winner. I use after I shave and makes my skin feel extremely soft and doesn’t feel tight after a shave at all.
4. I have just started using this, I used to leave my hair flat but wanted a new look with spikes. This is a winner for me and lasts all day, i have even had this on in the rain and it stayed. It combs right out and does not leave the hair feeling sticky (hair does need to be washed after though and re applied)
5. Vitamin E Exfoliating Facial Scrub uses oatmeal to provide gentle but effective ex-foliation, unlike other scrubs this isn’t as brutal and a bit more delicate on the face. I use this 3 times a week and have used this on and off for the last 25 YEARS.
6. Now I have fair delicate skin so for me this works, foam to me does seem to be a bit messy and just to thick so this seems to go on just right and the application is more manageable.
Quite often men are a bit embarrassed to say that they have a daily cleanse routine but there is nothing wrong with it, especially with such a harsh environment. There are so many different products out there for men it has opened the gate and made this seem more acceptable. We all want to look the best we can and that should not just stop at women, hell I have even worn minor make up (it was on a film set mind you). I never wear it as a norm but what I’m trying to say is given the right environment things can become acceptable, and that environment is fast becoming the norm. You could go as far to say who cares what people think (that’s me) and go ahead and do what makes you happy, with people now living older than before its time to take care of ourselves more than just internally. Find out more about moisturiser and find your skin type with MEN’S HEALTH
It would be interesting to know what other guys out there are using, and if you are the girlfriend, wife or partner do you shop for your loved one? Comment below and let me know what is your favourite product